Trying to understand bags and containers

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Rhiannon, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

So I had some extra seeds I had purchased from the grocery merchant. I wanted to get them out of my backpack. I had an extra backpack that I got from someone. I put the backpack in a chest in my house. It said I couldn't put the empty container in the chest. So I put the seeds in the backpack and tried to put that in the chest. It said I couldn't put a container with items in it into a chest and to empty the backpack first.

So Please explain to me about inventory control at the moment. How can I organize my stuff both in my backpack, in my home and the bank. I'm not being critical here. I'm trying to understand how it currently working.

Acred and Garfunkel Humperdinck like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You cannot place containers of any kind inside another container unless it is empty. I would assume this is something they will try and fix down the road, but I think they hit a roadblock somewhere in the coding that isn't allowing it currently.

You can use containers in your inventory, but that's about it right now. I think you can put it in the bank with items in it too, but I could be wrong about that. And I'm not home to try it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Acred and Spoon like this.
  3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I can confirm that you can put bags in your bank that have items in it. I do this regularly where I put specific crafting mats in separate bags that I then store in the bank.

Acred and Adam Crow like this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sacks containing items can be placed in your inventory and taken out to be placed as decorations on a lot if you have access to one.

Acred likes this.
  5. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

If you renamed the backpack, I dont think you can place it in a home container. Maybe that is what happened?

Acred likes this.
  6. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Ah. Maybe that's it. I did rename it. I'll try with a new backpack. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.