Silver mining?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Study_Break, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I found silver ore in a 3 skull hilly outdoor area. Looks like only one ore spawns, but as soon as you mine it, I think another spawns immediately. No data to support, but I think there is at least one always up, just gotta run between the potential spawn sites. Only had to worry about timber wolfs, grizzlies, and the occasional ruffian/archer/mage.

2. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

Hey! I did this too, I completely by accident, noticed this "sparkly" loot animation, figured it was just Iron, low and behold it came out Silver...1 Silver....I looked around for like the next hour, wasn't able to repeat it :(

3. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

We plainly have different ideas of what easy and hard might be, M'Lord. I don't mean easy like they can get to the 'end' fast, whatever that might be. Since there isn't a level cap, I'm not sure the powergamers will have a ready idea of what the 'endgame' in this MMO could be, either. Always seemed absurd to me to talk of endgame in an MMORPG.

What I meant by easy is that it is realistic to think I can make progress if I am careful and alert. By hard I meant that if I go into an easy instance and get slaughtered without much of a chance without having the most uber gear while stoked on beans, coffee, and adreneline. I like to enjoy my game and I dislike pointless obstacles.

I'm not a masochist. I put money into the game like most of us here, and I'd like to enjoy playing it. I would be dissatisfied to discover I had invested in something that punishes me for playing it. So far, so good, even though my damage output is horrendously weak and the mobs tend to swarm more than I like.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

Blackblade Foothills which is 2 skulls has copper and about 5 silver nodes and the respawn rate is pretty quick. 2 nodes can spawn in a room that is gated, so make sure you grab the key from one of the tables in a tent in the Kobold camp. The mining tunnels are immediately to your left when you zone in where the Kobolds are :)

I should note that I haven't explored the entire zone; specifically the area with the satyr's since I tend to get over encumbered pretty quick from looting the Kobolds and the mining. So I have no idea if there could be any nodes over there.

Now if I could only find somewhere to mine Onyx that isn't 5+ skulls. lol

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Kambrius, Shezep and Tibs like this.
  5. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I've only been able to find one silver node in Blackblade Foothills. Did find two in Sunless Barrens near there also. One is in the first dead end canyon with wolves, to the left just beyond the bridge. The other is in another canyon farther along.

6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

if they would just quit moving things. I have found some in non mine areas but i go back several times to check and its gone completely. This happened when i was mining gold. Really annoying. Put it in and leave it alone. LOL

7. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

I believe it is better that they continue to think, to reimagine, and to adjust things as they see fit until they believe everything is just right. There are, almost certainly, to be limits on the number of the various resource nodes, especially those that must be relatively rare. This is a fine piece of workmanship they are crafting. I wouldn't want to bump a watchmaker's elbow as he worked, still less that of the designer of this game. It is a Goldilocks scenario: not too much, not too little, Just right.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Elysium Mines and Hilt Fortress are both good sources of silver. Elysium has gold on the top level too. Hilt is more difficult of the two. I am definitely interested in finding other sources. Being based out of Drachvald makes both of those options quite a trip for me. Though for Gold I can hit up Graff, which is also good for Copper. For iron, I can run through the Spindrift Passage to reach Serpent's.

With the enhanced spawn rates it is no longer that punishing to find a buddy or two and delve into the mines. Splitting the resources previously was harsh but is now much more tolerable. Being able to solo an earth elemental or two allows you to really rake in the ore in the mines. Hilt is a bit rougher with more numerous fire elementals, obsidian elementals, and just all of the high level undead on the path there.

9. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

I really like Elysium Mines, not to hard and not to easy (depending on your Alvl). If you need gold and silver and not so much the blacksmithing ores, this is a great place to mine. Also, twin foothills, the zone that Elysium Mines is in, is nice for farming humanoids and you can round em up in groups for some nice aoe action.

Epiphany likes this.
  10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Elysium - Gold\Silver
    Graff - Copper\Gold
    Verdantis - Copper\Silver
    Serpent's Spine - Iron\Iron

If the mines are too tough for you, grab a friend. Respawn times are quick enough. If you blow through a room too easily, just go clear the next room and come back.

Fringe likes this.
  11. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I didnt go very far in but only found Gold in Elysium Mines today.

12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Gold on the first level. You have to go down deeper to hit the silver.

There is a silver lining to silver mining.

13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Bottom of elyssium has silver.
    That being said theres 1 skull areas with it aswell just not as much and low deposits.

Lot of these posts r outdated. like how it only takes 25 ingots now to gm taming. (which is the other end of the spectrum of thousands, and equally bad )
    Theres numerous zones with silver. just need to explore.

brhanson2 likes this.
  14. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Ive also run into a few overhead map encounters (rather easy ones with just animals) that have had silver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.