Several questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by ConjurerDragon, Oct 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Online:
    I have received several friend requests in the "social" window, of people that I have never heard of or spoken with.

Is it usual in SotA to simply send friendship requests to anyone in sight?
    Because normally I would only add and have only added a few that I have met before and at least once spoken with.

Fishing: I read about the whole fishing tournaments and I do not see the same info about the fish in my inventory that is shown in the example screenshots. e.g. in the fishing tournaments the name of the fisherman and the date and place of fishing and the size of the fish is part of the description of the fish. On the fish I have fished so far I see only e.g. this:
    "Salmon (fish)
    Raw Material
    Weight 0,5
    Value 3
    Material crafting bonus"
    and nothing else..?

My name appears only on items I crafted.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

some do, some don't. some like a long list for teleport purposes. feel free to decline.

then you have not (yet) caught any trophy fish, only common ones.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings ConjurerDragon
    If you use a teleport to Zone Scroll there will be 2 towns in yellow at the top of the list. These 2 towns which change often will have a better chance of catching a trophy fish. When you catch a fish and hover you mouse on it there will be text in yellow with the other information showing. Also remember to move around the area while fishing. You chance of catching goes down if you stay in the same spot.

As for friend request, some people do a who is near command (/who) and then spam all names. The only reason to accept friends is
    1. Teleport to friends scroll for fast travel and social gatherings
    2. If you need help while in game you can whisper a friend
    Other then that just delete them

Vaiden Luro and Time Lord like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no. those are the only towns where you can catch pacu, but they don't have a better chance for anything else.

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

ahhhh, ty Alley Oop for the correction. That must be why i caught 3 trophy Pacu, all low level but still.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it is very usual. We used to have no other option to teleport. We had teleport to friend scroll and recall only. So Teleport to friend allowed us to get to other areas. It did not take us directly to the person just the zone. It is nothing personal. It was just a work around for convenience. Now we have Teleport to zone scrolls that remember all the locations we visit and is a much better way to get to the zones we need other than walking the map. Also some will friend many players so they can see we have people online. I personally love to see that players are online while I'm working away on whatever I'm doing. It used to feel very lonely to some because we didn't know if anyone else was online in game. We did not at that time even have Universe chat to see others were online. So times have changed a lot but until the last few years we are now enjoying some better mechanics. You still can refuse to accept friends requests but it is not always what you think. It allows us to see we are not alone. I don't just write to everyone on my friends list all the time needlessly or stalk them. This game has been developing since 2013 and for many of those years there was no mail system, few options to teleport, no universe chat unless you paid for it, and no free deeds. You had to pay real money for them. Its a very generous and great community here. So much has changed here and really for the better imo. Sorry more info than you asked about

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Then I´m going to stick to only adding people who I actually met and spoke to ingame or on the forum and decline all whose names I do not even know.

Oh. When that is a function of the fishing skill, then how high would the skill have to be to catch any trophy fish to be able to participate in a fishing competition?

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Fishing is very random so you can participate at any level. You still have a chance to catch trophy fish at any level of fishing. But your chances to catch anything go up as the skill goes up. So the more successful fishing attempts you have, the better chance you have to catch a trophy fish.

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Speaking about fishing - I already learned that the small air bubbles mean a larger chance to catch something. In some towns are actual fish visible below the surface - are those just decoration or do they have a function in fishing, too?

Winfield likes this.
  10. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

The fish you see swimming are just deco.

11. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.