Problem with Iron Wall Lamps

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bonulino, Dec 16, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I crafted a couple of these and they aren't behaving as expected. I set them to Start State: on and turned them on. But when I come back after logging back on, they are off. In addition, they sometimes cannot be turned back on. Has anyone else seen this behavior? How can I fix it? None of the other light sources in my house are doing this.

Serenia likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a bug. we've tried a couple of times to track it down, those light are just stubborn.

3. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

the wall lamps from coto store works fine... maybe you can check the iron wall lamps against them....

4. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I don't really want to buy the COTO lamps because I'm trying to decorate my house with things I loot or craft. Sort of a pride thing. It's interesting that the COTO purchased ones work fine, but the crafted ones don't. It seems to me they both would utilize the same script to light up and stay lit.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you might be interested in touring hemut. it's a player owned town on the shore east of the grunvald desert and EVERYTHING visible in the town is player crafted, including the houses.

6. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I went to Hemut and saw that no one had the Iron Wall Lanterns at their doors. However, many people had Wall Torches at their doors. I made one of those and will see how it behaves. I'm still bummed that the Iron Wall Lanterns are malfunctioning.

7. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I have now replaced the 2 Iron Wall Lamps outside my door with 2 Wall Torches. The torches seem to be behaving properly. Problem solved.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is something that I would really love to be fixed. Torches simply are not a sufficient replacement.

Serenia likes this.