Point of Interest System

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Tirrag, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

ah it was not! thank you :) i accidently included my user.ini file in the build thank you for letting me know. just delete the user.ini file from the Lua/pois folder and reload lua with /lua reload, toggle the on/off button for POIS in the lua addons manager, or click the reload scripts button on the lua addons manager. once reloaded the user.ini file will be rebuilt and empty :)

i am working on a point library plugin system (hopefully done this weekend) and the first sample library will be the rabbit locations in atos. the plugin system will allow folks to distribute various point libraries that will be added in along with the users points for display (but not be merged into the users own point data). the user will be able to show/hide a libraries points or can disable them altogether by disabling the point library addon from the lua addons manager.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    Rinaldi, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

v0.07 has been released :) added in this version is the new export-points command and library loading support. you can use these to share point libraries with friends and the community.

Rinaldi, FrostII, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Al-Thayr

Al-Thayr Avatar

!pois rename <pointkey> <pointname> doesn't work for me.

Tirrag likes this.
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings! what is the actual command you are entering? are you in the scene that the point is in?

5. Al-Thayr

Al-Thayr Avatar

the command were used in underground scenes. the last one was in Epitaph.
    command like; !pois rename S2_C3 Downstairs to Troll Chamber
    and yes, every command i used to rename were within the scene relevant to the POI.

Tirrag likes this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you! i will run some tests and see if i can replicate and find anything.

7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

well that was easy enough. the help list was wrong :( please use "rename-point" instead of "rename" and i will get the help updated here soon. thank you again for letting me know!

!pois rename-point S2_C3 Downstairs to Troll Chamber

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Found a rather amusing bug with this just know, typing !pois add Obsidian Chest in universal chat DOES make the command work, it also will add that point to any other person with the lua active.... heh

I assume for some reason, it's just not checking to make sure you are only in local chat?

9. Alejandro Destiny

Alejandro Destiny Bug Hunter

it works in ALL chats. When you type "!pois add Obsidian Chest" in /u I forgot I had added this and found bold white text "Obsidian Chest" in front of me in Novia Market when I was fishing. Took a second to figure out that no, there was no random spawned chest, no, this game does not label items like that and no, I didn't do it.

I then proceeded to try to narrow down why it was in all chats, with no lua knowledge, and just settled for renaming the trigger. Apologies to everyone in Tanglemire who was there while I was testing....

Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

hey thank you both for the info :) i will get that taken care of!

Anpu likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

found the issues. will have a new build here in a bit! thank you again for the reports :)

Alejandro Destiny and Anpu like this.
  12. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

POIS has been updated to a new version. please see the link in the first post for a fresh download. you should be free to overwrite files when prompted during decompress.

NOTE: this is an important update as it fixes the issue where other players commands can affect your point list. i would highly recommend updating. also please note that the commands are properly restricted to the local chat now so if you were using other chat areas before, commands will now only work when used in the local chat.

as always if you have any questions/comments/feedback please do not hesitate to ask :)

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks for the update!

Al-Thayr and Tirrag like this.