New players never receive a "Speak to Arabella" quest.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is just something I have been wondering for years. When a new player starts the game they finish several quests in the Battle of Solace Bridge and then arrive in the Solace Bridge Outskirts. Then The Avatar can decide to continue investigating that scene and finish some more quests in there, or not. That's all up to the person.

Along the way, some NPCs may happen to mention Arabella and that we should go speak to her. And how it is currently, that is something The Avatar can choose to do, or not. It's not actually needed or required. However if you do decide to speak to her, she will then send you off to either Highvale of Blood River.

I just have wondered, why was this not a quest given to new players, at some point? Maybe it was a long time ago(?) and was decided to just be an optional task The Avatar can do, if they decide to do so.

We do however receive the Speak to Arabella quest when we do a quest rest. To at least get us started with quests.

Just something I was wondering about.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you have not picked up quests to go to the other battle scenes from arabella by the time you finish love, you get them from sequanna. arabella's mostly there for resets and people wanting to start early, and even that is not necessary: you don't need a quest to enter a new battle scene.

Anpu likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

My guess is that Arabella in all scenes where she is (e.g. Central Brittany, Soltown) always assumes the old version of the game in which the Avatar already met her at the start on the mysterious floating island.

However since the starting scene is Solace Bridge that has not been true anymore.

FBohler likes this.