Lace's Tutorial Videos and random informational videos

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Lace, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

The categories and video titles from the game contest have been added to the growing list,again these are listed in chronological order from how they are in my playlist with the most recent being first.

Super happy I happened to win the game contest but so GLAD to have my rambling voice back and not have to edit constantly to 2 minutes ...

(2 videos in the works tonight with out stopwatch and having to re -edit and reshoot 10's of times)

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Congratulations, and thanks for all your hard work!

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thank you hun truly I am an amateur in many folks eyes since I dont market effectively, but I think that is a good thing.

Vladamir Begemot and Datendrache like this.
  4. Lace

Lace Avatar

@Scoffer never exactly was able to get from the forum posts what your route was, if I mirror it cool, if duplicate, I feel smart now cause others tell me they use yours... if not perhaps, we can make a mashed up one but I need you to visually show me yours hehe, as I am showing you mine. I have heard so many times how many folks follow y0urs but for me I just figured mine on my own, and if duplicated well gmta.

Time Lord and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  5. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Hey Lace,
    Next time you see me in game give me a shout and I'll run you through the route I use, maybe see if its any better and see if you want to do another alternate route video :)

Lace likes this.
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thanks Scoffer I will be investigating this and thanks for the in game tell about it.

7. Lace

Lace Avatar

Couple new videos up, one for Etceter Crag Mines gold mining since some of the forums folks feel that place is not good for it (I disagree).

And new video on tips for bumping that producer xp pool whether it be for our monthly crafting gm tutoring events, or in preparation for R50

8. Lace

Lace Avatar

New video on Hats added. Get rid of that helmet head and wear something with flair.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

Several New videos added to the index including:
    • RNG in Crafting and my superstitions
    • RNG Primer- What is RNG and how does it relate to fate
    • New Refining Skills as of R50
    • R50 Barbarian Clan Armor
    and the newest one:

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Lace

Lace Avatar

For you T4 tough as nails adventurers and you T5 folks not quite boss mob ready here are some hunting alternatives for fast paced killing solo. Pretty good xp and for you monkey room folks its a nice change of pace that is quite fun.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Time Lord likes this.
  11. Lace

Lace Avatar

At the request of some new players I am trying to do some lower level content videos, for me I see the backlog in advancement in this game in about T2 to T3 ..I do not have answers for best how to's from my perspective for those levels so be patient. This is another High T3 low T4 one .. I am working my way back down .. give me time hehe.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Lace

Lace Avatar

3 new videos added to overall list and an updated version of the 12 books for the Statue of Virtue and or Statue of Chaos deco items quest with all the new caveats added with special thanks to Envy who during R17 created the first one that I used through many wipe cycles.

13. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Thanks for doing what you do Lace.

Lace likes this.
  14. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hi all I have been observing the wonderful population explosion and heard stories of folks trying to give away gear etc and no one responds. One reason is that experienced players are used to having /z aka zone chat turned on and by default for new players it is not checked in their chat tabs. I knew this and had covered it in previous videos, but today while trying to hand out free Stones Ultima sheet music and flutes to new players a guildie mentioned this again. While I had said locally about this, I could not reach a large audience to tell them to turn on zone chat. To me the /z aka zone chat should NOT be turned off by default ... @DarkStarr

As a stop gap here is a video covering this.

15. Lace

Lace Avatar

3 new videos added but I want to focus on the buy order video cause well I need wood for our upcoming price is right event in the 6 weeks.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Lace

Lace Avatar

I added 3 videos to our main original reverse chronological list on page 1 entry 1 of this postwhich mirrors the playlist on youtube starting with the most recent. While 2 of them were published a bit ago, if you aren't subscribed you may not have seen them.

In addition the latest video which is relevant to R53 and designing your own Heraldry/Blazon has been added. While this is a longer than typical video, I wanted to inspire you to understand what it means to have a coat of arms/herealdry and blazon, and some of the background behind it, besides just covering some of the features and pitfalls with the generator, as well as the caveats associated to just uploading a .jpg, .img, .png.

Bear with me, I am trying to make you have the same passion I do for what this means in our game heheheheh

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hi all I been a bit lax in posting new videos here and in my channel because of selfish reason, but I have one now that new players and perhaps old ones will find useful I did today.

(yes a couple typos in the captions, but time is limited cause of SO and my play time lol, so cannot fix right now hehe)

And folks, in Diamond Fields in the crafting pavilion our guild donates (and others too) to a public cache many recipes for potions and some other things that are drop only. Some player vendors will charge you 250 to thousands for some of these. Feel free to take what you need personally and not for resale please. (If we see folks taking a bunch of things we will ban you from the lot and call ya out!.. DBAD (don't be a D***)

Too many folks overcharge for common things ..Prism and their friends try to help folks out with this.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Time Lord likes this.
  18. Lace

Lace Avatar

3 new videos added to the playlist. Enjoy.

19. Lace

Lace Avatar

Now that double xp is the norm, take some time to smell the roses. It is Labor Day in the USA/Canada, a holiday meant to honor us poor slobs that have to work for a living.

Here is my suggestion of a place to check out today for the sheer beauty of the scene (and nail a few crocs and maybe get a pristine head).

Time Lord and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  20. Lace

Lace Avatar

Attention POT Governors .. with more folks with deeds and land ownership now is the time to update your POT markers for shopping events etc.
    Take a quick peek how to help your residents.. Players bug your governors to help all better navigate the POT's. (no offense govs .. just saying)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Time Lord and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.