It does not take much to look good!

Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Tahru, Mar 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have to admit that my style lends itself towards a minimalist esthetic mixed with a desire to look authentic. I have seen a metric ton of homes and so many decorated way beyond and with way more care than anything I have ever created. But my goal is only to be pleasing to the eye and exude a sense of relaxation and chill. So I "usually" forgo the standout shiny stuff for more neutral choices. It is the wonder and beauty of life that we all love different things.

The following 3 photos are my most recent project. I may post a few other lots later. I have a few heavily crafted lots I spent a lot of time on. But I am going to start with this one, the simplest of them all in Celestis.

I do have just one tiny complaint if I may, I really dislike when people that leave planters empty. That is a sign they just are not playing or don't care anymore. Neither leaves a good experience for the players passing by. Taking a break is healthy, just plant something first or take up those planters.

This lot is in Celestis named Kingsport Brewery Farms. Celestis has a cool town map with Shogun theme! I did not go with the Shogun theme though because I am not close to the main town.

What I am considering changing about this lot is to replace the planters with the transparent ones. And also I am trying to workup a story for the 5 conversationalists that is interesting and different. That may take some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Here is a little tip for those like me that like to use teleporters, but in some cases don't want to ruin the aesthetic of the lot. Both arena basements and most (if not all) dungeon foyers have sufficient space to place and use the oversized teleporters the game allows for lot owners. Sure, it is an extra loading screen, but it is also powerful that you can change the destination of these on a whim. And you don't have to do it at the sacrifice of your lot space.

This is a keep arena, but I have done it is smaller size arenas as it is about vertical space. I have another example of a village dungeon foyer with 4 teleporters with plenty of room for 4+ more.

[​IMG]

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ok, this is an Amphitheater almost entirely crafted. This model places things at various angles and leverages resizing a lot to build character. I designed it with a low wall background to include the natural background as part of the aesthetic. Originally I built this in the Broken Ground POT where there was nothing but mountains and trees in all directions. But I am grateful for its new home in my favorite POT Ordinis Mortis. The lot is named "Kingsport Brewerey Amphitheater". Please come put on a show there, the sound carries from the stage to all of the seats nicely!

Despite being heavily crafted, the design is pretty minimalist. And another bonus of this design is that it loads very quickly as the entire lot altogether is only 128 items including the stacks of whiskey jars in the back corner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

If you are going to spend COTOs on the planters, the elven planters would also work well, and would fit well with the theme of the area, although they are a bit more expensive than the transparent planters.

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Amazing work!

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

If you're not after the harvest of the crop but rather want the appearance of a planted field then the decorative plants are the way to go and a lot cheaper than the invisible planters.

Time Lord, Tahru and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Great tip! And I have been saving all my deco plants so far which I use for the same purpose. That was a nice feature they added t the game.

Time Lord and Lained like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Very nice @Tahru. I've always enjoyed your creative style Tahru. Thanks for sharing some excellent photos of your work.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.