I Like Big Butts and I Cannot Lie ....

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Satan Himself, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Someone's probably posted something like this before, but we ought to have the option to have fat/portly and skinny/bony avatars. With customizable badonkadonks. And customizable musculature (skinny, ripped, chubby, whatever). Not to mention at least a few different breast/cup sizes. I mean, not every woman needs to have Playboy boobs.

We all look so different in RL and this should be embraced. Why not be able to replicate our appearances in the game?

So if I want my avatar to resemble the chiseled Greek God I am in life, I'd like that option.

2. TantX

TantX Avatar

One of my clearest memories of SWG was a Mon Calamari dancer who was as wide as he was tall. It was an impressive sight, watching him shake that thing.

Tahru, licemeat and Budner like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

I think that at very least we should get to select young-middle aged-old avatars and skinny-muscular-fat ones. I would like to see way more customizations but I do not want to see less.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Yes! Aging too. Teen/40-year-old/65-year old avatars, whatever. Wrinkle-free or wrinkle-full.

Would be fun to play an aging, weak-looking wizard that kicks everyone's ass. Or an innocent-looking teen that's a thief and murderer.

Mac R, Ned888, mudchipper and 8 others like this.
  5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

don't get me started on my wizards triceps again ......

6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Let me guess.

Hephaestus. ;)

7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Very good avatars! I am all for this one. As much character customization as possible.

For the females so far they have very thin legs. This makes me sad.

We need this customization now.

Tahru likes this.
  8. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Glad I am not the only one :p

Tahru and Tarsin like this.
  9. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Let's not forget bulge customization.

10. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Isn't there a quest where I don't have to walk around so much?

[​IMG]

Mac R, Siriustar, sn0tub and 9 others like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

This happens when you are lazy and (ab)use zoning to other players:)

iansmellios, Tahru, Aradove and 4 others like this.
  12. Aradove

Aradove Avatar

That would be an interesting gaming mechanic.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Robby

Robby Avatar

Custimizable body?? NO!
    Face yes! But if you eat cakes and cookies and stuff and sit around all day your avatar deserves to have a pot belly.
    I think any kind of chiseled look like kratos from god of war would have to involve some kind of in game acheivements or strength training.

The Cult Leader and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I always got a kick out pumping some iron to buff my dude up in gta lol

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well beyond the scope of EP1. There's a lot of tech needed to make this kind of thing happen. Every wearable item for example has to be able to morph with the body and still animate properly without clipping.

The last time this topic was brought up was I think in '13? Well it's been awhile. :) I don't think the devs every really commented as to whether or not it was even on the wish list but would be achievable if it was within the budget.

Aging on the other hand should be more than doable. It's more textures than anything else.

Ravenclaw [BEAR], Elhaym and Budner like this.
  16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Good points and agreed. It's just that when I get into a SOTA hot tub party with my soul mate(s), I like to look different than the other guys next to me. In RL I stand out with my perfect pecs, 12-pack abs, and quarter-bouncing ass. Just want the same physical magnificence in-game, you dig?

mudchipper and majoria70 like this.
  17. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

NWN had this problem, but personally I would rather have large archetypes with clipping/stretching issues than none at all. I played plenty big butt characters in NWN and the extra variety of the populace is well worth the issues involved IMHO.

Budner likes this.
  18. Robby

Robby Avatar

Im thinking more along the lines of being able to acquire certain looks like being ripped through special acheivements. Like... i dunno doing something VERY difficult such as winning a brawling tournament(PvP or PvE), having X number of kills and surviving at least 20 village or kingdom seiges without having to rez. Or say some special ultra hard champ spawn comes out once per month, year, or whatever. Accomplishing such feats would allow more unique character customizations, thus allowing players who are truly good at the game to really stand out from the crowd. What is the point of seeing a guy walking around with huge mighty muscles if any average joe picks the game up off the shelf and just customizes their character that way right at character creation? I think every new character should start off pretty generic for the most part like the little lego man emitt (or however you spell it) on the leg movie. This would give players who arent early backers some way of being unique and not having to look at people like me who bought the lord pledge and think that theres no way of making their character "special" in some way. Sure ill have the lord title and the unique tower and stuff. But I dont know if ill put enough time in this game to score really challenging acheivements and stuff. Ill probably just fish or gather resources and maybe even use the game as a really interesting online socializing experience, along with some occasional laid back pvp and dungeon crawls. I imagine that if there was some way to do real hardcore challenges to make your character look less generic that I'd just end up becoming a real generic looking lord. But that dont bother me. I spend so much time hiking, bicycle riding, and being with my significant other that thats just how things would roll.

19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Big butts and beer bellies could be earned in the game by normal activity. However, boob jobs are too advanced, so the avatar is stuck with what she is born with.

Budner likes this.
  20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You can do a lot with just textures at least and shaders. Including muscle tone.

If we're just talking archtypes then rather than morphing we need different versions of torso, leggings and full body outfits for each type.

Ideally this sort of thing should go in before EP1 but I don't think it's even on Portalarium's radar right now or it might have made the stretch goals in the store but maybe EP2?

Budner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.