Does any..stop and talk to other players on the overland map

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Gregoire Visaard, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Given the way the chat system is its often hard to just randomly talk to folks. I was in SolTown today and there were several people there...one guy walked up and stood next to me but said nothing. So i went on my merry way. I dont like the chat system...it works fine when sending whispers to people not near you but talking openly with folks around i still have trouble with it. Oh well

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Whispering becomes a drag when you have 3-4 people talking to you. Sometimes I just invite non-guild people, so that we can all chat while doing our things without having to selective whisper the right person.

margaritte likes this.
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I changed the emote key to F and put friends as O so I can open them up quicker

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I've stopped and talked to random people in this game... long story short... I wished I hadn't. Just because I'm playing the same game as you... does not make me the same type of nerd as you. For instance... I like videos games, been a gamer since days of Pong... doesn't mean I like tabletop DnD (which I don't) and most MMO gamers assume I do.

I don't like COSplay. I don't like to Roleplay. I don't enjoy King Richard's Fairs or the like...

I do enjoy adventuring, true challenges, crafting, etc. However, when I stop to talk to random people... conversations have gotten over the top nerdy and weird, or stoner wants to tell me about him rolling, etc. So... I don't engage.

Now with new decks coming I'm focusing on PVP... because I want to kill and rob A LOT of you! :D

5. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I worry the addition of SOTA maps into the game might make these things even worse. I noticed myself just staring at the minimap on QA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.