Crooked Shank, mystery and resolution

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 12, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Just finished Crooked Shank.
    A nice area, lush green, farms, nice hospitable inhabitants - or are they? An intriguing story.

However I would have liked to see more and different outcomes.

Currently the end choice is either "I won´t lie, release her" - everyone becomes hostile permanently but dies easily to revealing sentences like "Why don´t you die as easy as an elf?", or "Your house, your elf business" and all is fine as is...

The last talk with the wandering merchant has him keeping an eye on the citizens of Crooked Shank but the harm has been done mostly and justice...?

For example I would envision a split into several options:
    1) Justice without compassion: Butcher all human inhabitants to bring them to justice for their crimes for the more violent inclined avatars;

2) Justice with compassion: Butcher or drive off all human inhabitants and be able to first get the trust of the elves with some aid in form of bread and bandages, later to get them to come out and slowly rebuild their village, one by one tearing down the human houses and replacing them with elven houses, with aid in the avatar delivering granite and wood to not only rebuild but add a palisade and a watchtower for future protection;

3 Higher Justice: In Bloodriver Outskirts we brought the person responsible to court - we never hear what comes out of that but at least that butcher has to go to court or forfeit his possessions. That was in Longfall - who would be the Lord of the Forsaken Vale? Probably the guy (Khakis? Kirkis?) in Vertas. Report to him and perhaps get a warrant to arrest the mayor and put him in his own prison and at the same time *actually freeing Cornelia* and making her the new prison guard...

Regardless of that it would be nice to have an option to tell Pierre the Pariah - who despairs in noone believing him - that we do actually believe him and that we found out the truth. As the elves know him from trading before he could be someone they trust to open up to instead of being hostile to me without change.