A SotA card game

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Eriador, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'd love to see someone put this in Unity and submit it for a potential mini-game in game.

2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I was thinking to create some kind of web version. But a min-game in SotA could be way, even purple, cool!

Mata likes this.
  3. enderandrew

You can do a web version in HTML 5 or Flash, or you can also just develop it in Unity and publish from Unity to WebGL, iOS, Android, etc. as well as seeing if Portlarium might include it in game.

Eriador likes this.
  4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I never used Unity, but a vortex llama can do everything. Or at least I can do it in my (no) brain! :D

enderandrew likes this.
  5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

You sir are a genius. That is a great idea. To collect the cards via rare loot off mobs!

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

7. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

@Eriador

Check out https://www.thegamecrafter.com and thanks for the clarification. I've actually been working on a SotA card game too with an artist... but it's quite different haha. It's more a risk/MTG hybrid :) Maybe we could trade notes at some point!!!

Eriador likes this.
  8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For sure! But my game is pretty simple to play anyway, and I jsts used SotA as my art. :D I will look for it.

I will take a look, looks nice, but I still think that will be cool connected with out Rild. Noboty thinks that a kickstarter could be a good way to promote SotA also, if someone from the boardgame world see the page?

Krohon likes this.
  9. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Well you can make the game on The Game Crafter, and publish and sell it directly on there without any up-front money needed. I actually resized all of your cards and fitted them today to test, just to see what a deck might look like and what the price may be. ITs actually really reasonable. If you put yours up on there, and put a price mark up, i'd buy a deck directly from you :)

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

They should be stardard bridge size, or i didnt something wrong! :D

11. enderandrew

When you download the images from his website, you have to be careful. If you just right-click on the images on the page and save as, you get a small version that may not be the correct aspect ratio.

If you left click on the image first and pull up the full size image and then download, you get a larger version.

It might be easier if @Eriador just had a link to a zip file with all the images.

12. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Anyway I will take a look... maybe I can work in a good physical edition there. The prize of a full deck plus a manual plus a medium box (that I think can hold the manual) that will have space for some expansion is around 17$. i dont know if that is reasonable for most of you. My idea about the kickstarter was because I think was a good way to promotionate SotA also, but since I dont think my public will be big maybe was not a good idea.

Do you know if we can create the cards in linen quality? I like that material.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  13. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah i resized all the images to fit the ratio they ask for. Didnt look bad but i was just playing around. If Eriador did it himself and set up a little shop id gladly buy them! Im semi secretly hoping he will, which is why i recommended the site. ^^

enderandrew likes this.
  14. enderandrew

You're not really producing it in bulk to keep prices down. $17 seems more than fair for a small run.

15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Ok, I will start to work with it tonight, since I have most of all the material that I need.

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I could just release the game with some secret exclusives and manage a the contest for the expansion, that I will release in an important event.

Note: My website will be two yeard old in a couple of months.

Note 2: Maybe I will need test groups for the secenarios!

17. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

The simulator says 18 dollars, maybe I can to put it at 19.99$ and drop those 2$ extra dollars in "Make a Difference". Or maybe it could be 18.99. What do you think?

18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I saw they have linen texture, that I think is way cool. The game could overcost 1.5$ in that way. So I think that I could put it for 20.99 and leave 1.5$ to "Make a Difference". Or 19.99 and half a dollar. Or no linen texture at all...

19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

@HoustonDragon @Krohon @WrathPhoenix @enderandrew @SeleneNoctua

Finally I followed the recommendation of Phoenix and did a physical edition in thegamecrafter. It is finally not that cheap (24.99$), since they add some extra fee, but it is a medium box for two decks (so, it is enough for this 100+ cards deck with sleeves and future expansions). The quality of the cards is linen and I added protection (since that option was cheap), plus added the printed color manual also (with some minor changes).

I equilibrated a little bit the colors to printing there. Added two extra exclusive secret cards and two blank cards. The benefit is just 1$, and will be applied to "Make a Difference", to support the game and charity.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-lords-of-new-britannia

I did the best that I can...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Krohon and HoustonDragon like this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Maybe I can create a version with a cheap/without box and everything, for the people that prefer a price around 20$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.